Property Owner Designation Respondent Affidavit
- Do you own more than 3 single family homes?
- Do you reside outside of the building you rent?
- Do you own the property personally (not the bank or a mortgage company)?
If you answered yes to any of the questions listed above then you need to fill out the Property Owner Designation Respondent Affidavit, pursuant to RSA 540:1 (effective January 1, 2011) by January 30, 2011.
- You only need to fill this affidavit out once.
- A new affidavit needs to be filled out when the property owners change
- A new affidavit needs to be filled out when the property agent changes.
- There is a $10.00 filing fee per landlord, not per property
- The affidavit needs to be notarized and filed with the Clerk's Office
- If multiple properties are owned by the same landlord, a separate sheet of paper can be attached to the affidavit listing all of the other properties.