- The Laconia Fire Department works to provide an effective and efficient level of fire, rescue, hazardous material and pre-hospital emergency medical services. In addition, the department provides Fire Safety Education to school students, and local businesses. These services are provided out of two fire stations located in Laconia and at the Weirs. There is a supplemental facility in Lakeport manned by the Call Company (volunteers).
- It is the mission of the Laconia Fire Department to provide the citizens of Laconia and the visitors to the city with effective and efficient fire, medical, rescue, and environmental protection services. The mission is also to provide other necessary emergency services essential to the health, safety and well being of the community. These services include, but are not limited to, the delivery of pre-hospital emergency medical services, extra hazardous rescues, and the mitigation of man made, or natural, catastrophes.
- Fire suppression
- Rescue (all types)
- Pre-hospital emergency care and transport; Lakes Region General Hospital
- Fire and arson investigation
- Inspection services for existing and new buildings
- Permit issuance where required
- Municipal fire alarm system: construction,
maintenance and testing
- Fire safety education
- Winter hydrant maintenance (shoveling)
- Station and grounds maintenance (Fire Department
- Fire inspection services to assure compliance with both the Life Safety Code and the Fire Prevention Code; issuance of related permits such as assembly, oil burner and blasting permits. Codes include: National Fire Protection Association Life Safety Code 101; BOCA Fire Prevention Code; New Hampshire statutes such as RSA 153, 154, 155, 158 and 199, as may be amended from time to time; and, Chapter 149 of Laconia City Ordinances as may be amended from time to time.
- Training: fire, medical, hazardous materials (haz-mat), rescue
- Vehicle maintenance
- Fire alarm maintenance.
- Local emergency planning (hazardous materials)
- Plan review (site, fire alarm systems)
- Building construction (new and renovation)
- City Safety Board
- Lakes Region Mutual Aid (Board of Directors)
- Emergency Medical Services (State of NH)
- Outdoor burning permit and control
Mon. Mar 23rd 2009Fire Department Responds to Second Alarm Fire in Occupied Duplex
The Laconia Fire Department responded to a reported building fire at 275 Elm Street at 5:33 PM on March 23, 2009....
Mon. Dec 8th 2008Laconia Fire Chief's Award Presentation
Photo: Laconia Fire Department (LFD) Senior Firefighter, Jay Ellingson (Gilford-left), discusses the heroics...
Fri. Sep 5th 2008
Awards Presented for CPR Life Saving Effort
On May 21, 2008, the Laconia Fire Department responded to Parade Road for a motor vehicle accident, with reported ...