City of Laconia Public Works Department
Before any plumbing work is done or any additions are made to old work, excepting necessary repairs, a plumbing permit must be obtained from the Laconia Public Works Department. Plumbing permits will be issued only to NH Licensed Master Plumbers. A current plumbing license must be displayed each time a permit is issued. Issuance of self-plumbing permits are subject to exclusive approval of the Public Works Director and Plumbing Inspector under certain circumstances to primary residence owners who are proven to have the skills required for this work.
Plumbing Inspection Information
- All plumbing must be inspected by the Department of Public Works. New construction requires two (2) inspections:
- The "slab" or "underground" inspection
- The "rough-in" inspection prior to installation of sheetrock/wallboard.
- Remodeling work will be inspected once.
- The plumber must be present for all inspections
- Plumbing Inspector: David Keets 528-6379
- Plumbing inspections need to be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
- No plumbing inspections are scheduled on Fridays.
- Modular homes will be subject to traditional air/water by the DPW plumbing inspector.