City of Laconia Public Works Department
Sewer Connection/Discharge Permits
Sewer Connection Permits are issued for new construction and for sewer service line replacements and repairs. The property owner, or the excavation contractor normally executes this permit. Sewer connections must be inspected by the Department of Public Works prior to backfilling the trench. Sewer connection inspections need to be scheduled 24 hours in advance. The DPW has a variety of documents and plans on file which may be of help to contractors in locating existing sewer service lines or laterals (stubs) to vacant lots for new construction.
Because the City of Laconia is connected to the State of NH-DES Winnipesaukee River Basin Program System (WRBP), additional permits may need to be submitted in conjunction with the standard City of Laconia Sewer Connection Permit. These additional permits are summarized as follows:
- The WDPR - Wastewater Discharge Permit Request (green form) is used for any proposed domestic wastewater connection of 50 population equivalents (5000 gallons per day) or greater, and for the construction of an extension of the sewage collection system which discharges to the WRBP facility in Franklin. A WDPR is required when a sewer extension is proposed regardless if the sewer is publicly or privately owned, and regardless of the quantity of flow
- The IWDPR - Industrial Wastewater Discharge Permit Request (blue form) is used for any proposed industrial wastewater discharge or to modify an existing industrial wastewater discharge. A IWDPR is required without regard to the quantity of flow.
- The CPR - Connection Permit Request (pink form) is used to request a direct connection to any of the State owned interceptors.
- The CWDPR - Commercial Wastewater Discharge Permit Request (yellow form) is required for facilities which discharge less then 5,000 gallons per day of commercial type wastes. Examples of discharges to be permitted with the CWDPR are: Auto and Truck Service facilities including Car Washes, Hospitals, Laboratories, Machine Shops, Marinas, Newspaper Printing, Photo Processing Centers, Printing Shops, Restaurants, Schools, Supermarkets, Convenience Stores with food preparation, facilities or institutions with food preparation and Funeral Homes.
- All Sewer Connection and Sewer Discharge Permits are available at the Laconia DPW.
Remember, before you dig call: 888-DIG-SAFE (344-7233)
Dig Safe Website